Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thanks Aunt Betty Jo and Uncle John!

When we moved to California one of the nicest perks was living close to Will's Aunt Betty Jo and Uncle John. They love us and our kids and we love them. Betty Jo and John pick out perfect Christmas gifts and give my kids Easter baskets full of See's candy (which I eat). They are always tolerant of the excessive noise three kids can make and indulgent with their attention to the tricks three kids want to show off. Some time in October Betty Jo brought a little vial of the coolest bubble solution I've ever seen. This concoction makes bubbles that last forever, are catchable and make a cool snapping sound when you pop them. I've kept the bubbles in the silverware holder of my dish rack. Every couple of days Clare comes wandering into the kitchen saying "E-ent Bubbas!" (I want bubbles). So I take the bubbles into the living room and blow out a big batch. In seconds all of my kids are screaming around the room catching, popping and squishing bubbles. It has been a great source of entertainment for all of them. Check out the pictures of Lorien and Wyatt with their bubble sculptures. Lorien "caught" a bubble mouse and Wyatt "caught" a bubble tower. Thanks Betty Jo!

1 comment:

Jodee said...

that looks pretty fun! You will have to let us all know where she found such a wonderful thing!